|What Is Search Engine Marketing?
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is the process of using search engines such as Google, Yahoo, MSN, and Ask, to generate qualified buyers to your website. Search engine marketing can deliver massive numbers of leads to your website. But that's just one piece of the puzzle.
A complete SEM campaign needs to guide and convince users to take action. Last, but not least your SEM campaign must provide metrics and analytics to facilitate ongoing improvements that will net you the highest possible online marketing ROI (return on investment).
The Search Engines:
- Google: The biggest and the most popular of them all. Google has single handedly captured almost half of the search market. By far Google is the top priority when it comes to pay per click and natural organic search engine listings.
- Bing/Yahoo: Even though Yahoo's search market share is less than half off Google's, you cannot afford to ignore them. With around a quarter of the search market Yahoo still remains a solid source of website traffic.
Some Questions to Consider:
- Who are your main competitors? How do you differ?
- What is the age range of your target client base?
- What is the best way to market my web site online?
- Will you be needing an additional SEO help (registering with search engines, Analytic setup, etc.)?
- Should I use pay per click search engines?
- Should we use an email campaign?